For new users who wanted to try out an electrical cad software like Radica Electra E6, they will need Visio, and if you do not have a copy of Microsoft Visio on your PC, then you would need to download a Trial from Microsoft, here's how:
- Point your internet browser to http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/.
- Click on the "Try Visio 2010" link as shown below:
- If you have a hotmail account, or a Windows Live ID, sign in and you are done. If you don't have one, click on the Windows Live ID link as shown in red below:
- Find "Use an email you already have" and then click on "Get Started Now" link as shown below:
- You will be asked for your email address and to create a new password for your Windows Live ID. Fill in all required fields and then click the "Continue" button.
- Once you re-typed in your email address and click continue, you will be presented with a screen that says you have created your credentials successfully.
- Windows Live ID will send you an email for verification. Access your email and click on the verify your account link.
- After verifying your account, you will need to point your browser to http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/ and click on the "Try Visio 2010" link again (Step 1 & 2).
- You will now be presented with a page where Microsoft will ask you to fill in some profile information as below:
- Fill in all the information as required and click continue, but you will be asked to confirm your email AGAIN!. Therefore you will need to access your email (as it appears in the profile information shown above) and click on the verify email link, AGAIN!
- Once you re-verify your email account, click on the continue button and you will see the screen below FINALLY:
Needless to say, we are extremely frustrated at the hoops with which one has to jump through to get to download a Trial copy of Microsoft Visio. First, you are forced to use Windows Live ID, and after that, you are asked to verify your email twice.
Over here at Radica Software, we strongly believe that our customer's time should be highly respected and if our current or potential customers wanted to try our software, it should be made available with minimum fuss. Hopefully (no matter how remote), this situation will be improved upon by Microsoft. Meanwhile, if you are having any trouble at all when downloading Visio Trial, please do shoot us an email and we will be glad to help.
Keep in touch.